One of my favorite flowers to paint – iris with stripes on the petals, which make this flower even more interesting. In this tutorial I will show you how I tackle a flower like this. We will use complementary colors: purple and yellow to create a rich striking color composition. The beauty of the flower is highlighted by the dazzling light shining through the petals. You will see how to achieve this glowing effect. This is a project suitable for those of you who would like to practice wet on wet technique, because we will use it here a lot. It's a completely self-paced course.You will learn:
- how to paint vibrant purple iris
- how to paint the background using wet on wet technique
- how to capture the light on the petals
- how to create three dimentional looking petals
- how to paint intricate stripe pattern on iris petals
Join me! :)
One-Time Purchase: Pay once. Access forever.
I'm Chris and I'm very happy to welcome you here! I'm a self-taught watercolorist based in Poznań, Poland working full-time as an artist. I've been painting with watercolors since 2012 and in 2019 I launched my Online Watercolor School.
I like to paint in a realistic style. I love bright, pure colors to make my works intense, colorful and full of positive energy. The main theme of my paintings is flowers and birds, because I am amazed by the diversity and richness of their shapes and colors.
There are two places online where you can find my tutorials:
1. My Online Watercolor School (https://www.esperoart.com/) - is based on membership plans starting from $15 a month. You get access to all tutorials as long as your subscription is active. You pay less and you have access to everything until you cancel your subscription.
2. Here on Teachable you can find individual tutorials available for purchase. This is an option for those of you who are not convinced to subscription models. You pay more for one tutorial, but you have lifetime access to it.
Happy Painting! :)