In this tutorial I would like to show you how to paint yellow and red tulips. You will learn how to achieve the glossy effect on the petals. We will also add some negative shapes in the background to make the whole composition more interesting. The tutorial is 3 hours long. It's divided into several chapters and it's a completely self-paced course.You will learn:
- how to paint vibrant yellow and red tulips
- how to paint the background using wet on wet technique and negative painting
- how to achieve the glossy effect on tulip petals
- how to use wet-on-dry technique
- how to use wet-on-wet technique
Join me! :)
One-Time Purchase: Pay once. Access forever.
StartClass materials (3:16)
StartYellow Tulips - Fist Layer (23:39)
StartYellow Tulips - Second Layer Part 1 (28:19)
StartYellow Tulips - Second Layer Part 2 (22:59)
StartRed Tulips - First Layer (12:09)
StartRed Tulips - Second Layer (35:12)
StartBackground - First Layer (21:19)
StartBackground - Second Layer and Negative Shapes (28:42)
I'm Chris and I'm very happy to welcome you here! I'm a self-taught watercolorist based in Poznań, Poland working full-time as an artist. I've been painting with watercolors since 2012 and in 2019 I launched my Online Watercolor School.
I like to paint in a realistic style. I love bright, pure colors to make my works intense, colorful and full of positive energy. The main theme of my paintings is flowers and birds, because I am amazed by the diversity and richness of their shapes and colors.
There are two places online where you can find my tutorials:
1. My Online Watercolor School (https://www.esperoart.com/) - is based on membership plans starting from $15 a month. You get access to all tutorials as long as your subscription is active. You pay less and you have access to everything until you cancel your subscription.
2. Here on Teachable you can find individual tutorials available for purchase. This is an option for those of you who are not convinced to subscription models. You pay more for one tutorial, but you have lifetime access to it.
Happy Painting! :)